Monday, August 20, 2018

Hurry up and wait

Without going into details about the steaming pile of bull, I'm starting to get bored of the extra time off from work.  It is becoming slightly boring and it's difficult to know what to do next when I don't know when I'll be back to work.  The only hope is that my "paid vacation"  is true and that I will continue to draw a pay from work.

Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll be returning to work.  I very much like knowing what I'm doing day to day, as in I'm working tomorrow and the day after and then having a day off.  But it doesn't work when you've been off for the better part of three weeks.  Don't get me wrong, I love the time off.  I don't have to listen to the rumors, complaints, the daily life history of anyone or any other crap that goes on with the social club I work at.  Yes, the place I work at isn't work, it's a social club.

I really don't know what to do with myself from one day to the next.  I want to go out and do something each day that I'm off.  It doesn't work that easily when I'm waiting for a phone call to give a time and place for the follow up HR meeting.  I just want it done and over with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unwanted phone calls

In the last five minutes, I've gotten two  unwanted phone calls.  The first one for air duct cleaning, which allows me to make a choice....