Wednesday, November 2, 2016

There is no Reasoning - Learning to let go

Over the last few years I've learned a few things about myself.  Mostly, there's more people on the planet Earth than just me, that I'm not the center of the universe.  I have and will continue to improve my life skills in relation to how I interact and treat other people.  The first thing was to remember the manners my mother taught me and use them regardless of the situation.  I think I've improved and I've noticed people around me appreciate it when I say "please/thank-you".  A small thing to do in daily life that makes things easier in the long run.  There's been a few more things that I've worked on, including talking (or interpersonal skills) with the people around me and improving my  sense of humor.  These two things have taken a little work on my part and I'm working on getting rid of the  hermit shell that's I've used to protect my life.

When I originally started this entry,  I wanted go on a tear about a co-worker's "attributes" (my polite attempt not to call someone a b*tch).  It was turning into an extra long rant about something unimportant to me but not my co-worker.  Before long, I realized that I didn't want to sink to the level of a person who doesn't have respect for others.  I want to rise above the ignorance and remember why I want to be a better person.  I don't want to hold onto grudges, treat people like dirt, treat people with respect and believe that there's something better out there.

What I'd like to finish off with something good.  Today I ran into a friend that I haven't seen in a very long time, Lisa M.  She's someone I went to public school and Brownies with when we were both younger.  It's great to see someone that you haven't seen in a long time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Unwanted phone calls

In the last five minutes, I've gotten two  unwanted phone calls.  The first one for air duct cleaning, which allows me to make a choice....