Saturday, January 28, 2017

Thinking about a broken car

So far my year has been better than last.  No major dings to my finances and debts are being paid. Right now, I'm adjusting to the fact that I don't have a working vehicle.  A car that sits in the parking lot and doesn't move because I don't have the money to fix it. And there's definitely no extra money to pay for a new car.  As of late I still don't know what I'm going to do with  a broken down piece of junk.  I'd love to just have it towed away as scrap metal and not worry about it.  Which isn't a bad idea since I wouldn't continue paying car insurance for it.  However, if I do "buy" another car, I'll need to have the insurance in place for whatever I buy.  Here I am between a rock and a hard place about what to do with it.

As for my finances, the line of credit is slowly going down with each pay.  It helps that I don't need to buy gas for the car.  Not to mention that with the car, I could have easily hopped into it and went shopping whenever I felt like it.  So, I'm saving money better.  On the other hand it suck when I need to go grocery shopping and need a lot of food and other household items.  The local transit was set up for people to go grocery shopping.

I can't complain though, I'm getting use to taking the bus to where I need to go.  I actually get to see some of the city that I never get to look at while driving.   I do miss having a vehicle to hop into and go where and when I want too.  Unfortunately, that's the biggest problem to overcome this year, finding the means to get a new car.  It's a long shot to win the lottery,  last night's Lotto Max was up to $55 million and nobody won.  Next week, it's up to $60 million and I'll play again, hoping that I win enough money to get me out of debt.  That's going to be a long shot for anyone but it doesn't hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unwanted phone calls

In the last five minutes, I've gotten two  unwanted phone calls.  The first one for air duct cleaning, which allows me to make a choice....